Following the triple bomb blasts in the city on Wednesday, security at all important locations and vital installations in the city has been beefed up.
Nisar Tamboli, deputy commissioner of police (detection) and the spokesperson of the Mumbai police, said: “Measures are being taken to secure all the important and sensitive spots in the city.”
Reports stating that the police have received an alert regarding a possible terror attack on a foreign airliner have been doing the rounds. Denying the report, Tamboli said that the police have taken additional security measures after the blasts.
The post-26/11 security cover provided to various important locations, including the Taj Mahal Hotel at Colaba, that had been withdrawn recently, has been reinforced. All elite commando units of the city and the state police, including Quick Response Team (QRT) and Force One, have been deployed at these spots, while the city continues to be on an alert mode.
Sources in the Mumbai police said that in view of a series of religious occasions on the anvil, the police administration has decided to continue with the present level of deployment and make its presence visible on the streets by increasing patrolling and deploying uniformed police personnel on duty.