Suburbs to get super-specialty hospital | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 06, 2016-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Suburbs to get super-specialty hospital

mumbai Updated: May 20, 2011 01:12 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

The city's suburban citizens will soon have a well-equipped civic hospital in Goregaon and MRI and CT Scan centres in three civic hospitals.

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has decided to turn Siddharth Hospital in Goregaon into a super speciality hospital.

"The renovation of Siddharth hospital is currently on and about 60% work has been completed. The tender for the remaining 40% will be floated soon," said BMC standing committee chairman Rahul Shewale.

The BMC has also initiated the process of acquisition of the adjoining plot for the expansion of Siddharth hospital.

"We will acquire 25,000 sq ft of the adjacent plot that belongs to the Maharashtra Housing Area Development Authority (Mhada) for the hospital's development. We have already started the necessary talks with Mhada authorities," said Shewale.