Three-year-old Sangeeta Pawar, who was kidnapped from CST station on June 9, and found in Haridwar almost a month after, will most likely be reunited with her family on Wednesday.
A CST GRP team sent to Haridwar will return with the accused, Raju, and the girl. Raju would also be subjected to a DNA test to ascertain if he was involved in the cases of the murders of minor girls in Cuffe Parade.
GRP officials said they would summon Sangeeta’s parents, Laxman, 42, and Pushpabai, 35, to Mumbai, after which they would identify the girl.
Somnath Tambe, inspector of CST GRP said, “The team will return in three days. We will also interrogate Raju in connection with the abduction of minor girls from Cuffe Parade,”
Sangeeta went missing from CST station on the night of June 9 at around 2:30 am, when she was asleep with her parents, waiting to catch the Devnagiri Express in the morning. The family was on its way back to Parbhani. CCTV footage revealed she had been kidnapped. The accused was traced to Haridwar on Saturday morning.