Although MMRDA officials have claimed that the stretch of the Metro from Versova to Airport Road will be fully functional by October this year, the situation on the ground is very different.
HT gives you a photo tour of the progress of work on the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor of the Metro rail project.
1) While tracks have been laid at the Versova car shed, construction work is far from over
2) However, pillars seem to be in place on the stretch near the Western Express Highway at Andheri (East)
3) Workers use a makeshift bridge at the metro station at Sakinaka, where work is on in full swing
4) The situation is no different at the last stop on the corridor, at Ghatkopar
5) The bridge at Andheri station, is one of the two on the Metro corridor that connects Versova, Andheri and Ghatkopar
6) A worker adds finishing touches to the bridge over the railway station at Andheri