Jackson estate gave $55,000 to pay off Thriller girl

  • PTI, Los Angeles
  • |
  • Updated: Jan 05, 2013 08:47 IST

Ola Ray, who starred in Michael Jackson's Thriller music video, reportedly paid $55,000 to call a truce in her war with the MJ estate.

Ray had originally filed the lawsuit against Jackson and his production company in May 2009 - a month before the King of Pop passed away - claiming breach of contract, reported TMZ Online.

Ray said she was still owed a massive chunk of the Thriller profits, nearly 30 years after it was released.

But she finally settled her lawsuit with the estate earlier this year.

The director of the music video John Landis - who filed a similar lawsuit against the estate - has also settled but he wanted in excess of $2 million and is said to have got more than Ray.

 

also read

Jaz Dhami readies for Bollywood debut, says dad his inspiration

blog comments powered by Disqus