Two persons died apparently of suffocation after they fell asleep as a bonfire kept burning in their room in northwest Delhi’s Pitampura on Wednesday.
Police said the dead were labourers working at a construction site at Lok Vihar in Pitampura. They would sleep in a room in the building that is being constructed.
Ibrahim and Sane Alam, both in their mid-20s, hailed from Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh.
“On the chilly Wednesday night, the duo arranged lit a bonfire. After having dinner, they went to sleep leaving behind the logs burning inside the room,” said a police officer.
Their employers found them lying unconscious in the room the next morning.