Investigate if Pakistan linked to today's blasts, urges BJP

  • PTI, New Delhi
  • |
  • Updated: Jul 13, 2011 21:28 IST

Strongly condemning the terror attack in Mumbai, BJP on Wednesday said that the terror war against India was still on and asked the government to take a determined stand to deal with the menace.

"We strongly condemn this dastardly attack. This is a deliberate attack on Mumbai which has been targeted by anti-Indian forces," BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters in New Delhi.

He said the attacks proved that the war against India through terrorism still continued.

"We need to investigate if there are any links to Pakistan," he said. "We need to send a strong signal against terror. We demand that the government should take proper care to prevent such attacks. We need to take terror head on," Javadekar said, adding that merely issuing red alerts will not suffice.

"A big machinery had been put in place (by the government) after the 26/11 attacks but it seems to be clueless on what is going on. A strong political will and determination is needed to fight terror," he said.

In reply to a question, Javadekar said that not hanging those who have been given capital punishment for terror acts seemed to give encouragement to terrorists for carrying out such attacks.

Sympathising with the next of kin of those killed and the injured in the serial blasts, Javadekar said BJP activists were working closely with the authorites to provide help to all injured.

 

also read

Pak condemns Mumbai blasts

blog comments powered by Disqus