Siblings electrocuted in patel nagar guest house

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
  • |
  • Updated: Nov 17, 2012 01:09 IST

Two siblings — a four-year-old girl and her 11-month-old sister — were electrocuted on Friday evening due to a short circuit in their house. The short circuit also triggered a fire.

The fire department said the incident took place around 7.30pm when the children were sleeping under a temporary shed erected on the roof of Lathania Guest House in West Patel Nagar.

Neha (4) and Akansha (11 months) were sleeping alone while their parents were working downstairs.

"The parents work at the guest house and left the children to sleep in the temporary room set up on the third floor. A short-circuit occurred and the children died on the spot after touching the wires accidentally," said a fire brigade
official.

 

also read

Many kids will miss nursery this year due to messy criteria

blog comments powered by Disqus