Victim flown out on docs’ advice: Govt

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
  • |
  • Updated: Dec 29, 2012 00:47 IST

Foreign minister Salman Khurshid and home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde declared on Friday that the decision to send the Delhi gangrape victim to Singapore had been taken on medical advice, and not because of any political consideration.

The ministers’ comments came in the wake of a debate over whether the 23-year-old victim should have been flown out.

When asked about reports that some of the attending doctors had opposed the move, Khurshid said, “There could have been differences. But we’re committed to giving the best medical care to the girl.”

Shinde also rubbished the allegation, saying, “The decision to shift (the victim) was not political.”

On the protests in the Capital, Khurshid said it was concern — more than anger — that drove the protesters. But, he said, after the first two days, some “professional protesters” joined in.

 

also read

Wake up India. 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim is dead

blog comments powered by Disqus