With the US-led attack on Iraq entering its second day, around 2000 more Indian expatriates in Kuwait are expected to leave for home by Saturday, an Indian Embassy official said on Friday.
The Kuwait airport would continue to be operational on Friday with Air-India and Indian Airlines flights operating as scheduled, KJS Sodhi, senior diplomat at the embassy said.
An Air-India flight was cancelled on Thursday as a precautionary measure in view of the missile attacks on Kuwait, but the airport is not closed, he said.
Some 2000 Indian expatriates had already left for India on Thursday, Sodhi said adding that Friday being a holiday the passenger movement will be less.
Ruling out a sense of panic among Indians in Kuwait, he said there are about 400,000 Indian expats in the country and a couple of thousands returning does not indicate a panic.
Indian expatriates in Bahrain said though there was no panic there, many companies have cancelled regional travel plans in view of the war situation.