Advertisement

HindustanTimes Wed,22 Oct 2014

Now, a film on July 7 Mumbai train blasts
AFP
Mumbai, May 29, 2007
First Published: 16:44 IST(29/5/2007)
Last Updated: 17:26 IST(29/5/2007)

A planned Indian movie recounting deadly bomb blasts on Mumbai commuter trains last year will be a serious rather than a musical film, breaking the usual Bollywood mould, its director said Tuesday.

The movie will describe the events of the day last July when bombs ripped through trains in India's financial capital, killing 186 people and injuring more than 800, first-time director Neera Pandey said.

"The movie, without any songs, will narrate events of that day," Pandey said.

Bollywood movies are usually much more light-hearted, featuring romance, good triumphing over evil and lots of song and dance.

The film, called Wednesday, will star two reputed Bollywood actors, Naseeruddin Shah and Anupam Kher, with filming to begin in August ahead of the movie's release later this year.

Indian police filed charges against 28 suspects over the seven train blasts, which hit first-class compartments during rush hour over just eleven minutes.

Police alleged the attacks were linked to Pakistan's spy agency, the ISI, and outlawed pro-Pakistan militant groups. Islamabad denied its intelligence agency was involved.


Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved