What I did
• Roads in Foysagar colonies were constructed for the first time
• Rs 4 crore spent on various development projects
• Pattas were given to nearly 600 slum dwellers
• Two new schools were opened and 12 upgraded
• Sanctioned Rs 15 lakh for shifting the police station
What he did not
L D Machiswala, BJP
Lost by 5,800 votes in 2002
| Electorate size:
Caste break up:
Muslims: 21 %
Sindhi: 20 %
SC: 19 %
ST: 1 %
Mahajan& Jain: 7 %
Gujar: 6 %
Rawat: 6 %
Kayasth: 5 %
Rajputs: 5 %
Brahmins: 4 %
Mali: 3 %
Others: 2 %
• He is an honest public servant and a true Gandhian.
• He has fully utilised the grants released by the State Government during his brief tenure.
• His only setback is his language problem. He can speak only Sindhi and that comes in the way of his efective communication with people.
Residents love this MLA with the Gandhian way of life. He is easily available to the people of his constituency is ever ready to listen to their grievances and help them. Residents believe had he got the full tenure, the constituency would have witnessed more development.