Indian cricket coach John Wright will not accompany the Indian team to the tri-series in Dhaka from April 11 following the demise of his father.
President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India Jagmohan Dalmiya told PTI that Wright had informed him about the death of his father and his inability to accompany the team.
When asked whether the board has decided on an alternative to Wright, Dalmiya said "it is being worked out and an announcement will be made in a couple of days".
Wright's father had been seriously ill for quite some time. Wright rushed to New Zealand immediately after the World Cup final on March 23.
Though his contract with the Indian board was only till the World Cup, it was extended for two more months till May 24 in view of the Dhaka tourney involving South Africa and Bangladesh, apart from India.
The Saurav Ganguly-led Indian team is scheduled to leave for Dhaka from here on April nine.
Wright, who has been with the Indian team for more than two years, had been looking forward to the event despite the two-month ad-hoc arrangement.
He had commented that he expected to have a longer stint with the Indian team as he had developed a good rapport with Saurav's boys.
A number of top players including Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Javagal Srinath, Anil Kumble and Ashish Nehra have also expressed their inability to accompany the team to Dhaka and that is why selectors have included a number of new faces in the 15 member team announced last Wednesday.