35-year-old man bludgeoned to death at a dairy farm in Ghaziabad | noida | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 29, 2017-Wednesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

35-year-old man bludgeoned to death at a dairy farm in Ghaziabad

noida Updated: Sep 23, 2016 17:42 IST
Peeyush Khandelwal
Harsaon Police Line

Police said the victim’s head and face were battered with a blunt object while he was sleeping at his dairy farm.(Sakib Ali/HT Photo)

A 35-year-old man was bludgeoned to death at his dairy farm behind the Harsaon Police Line in Ghaziabad on Thursday morning. According to police, the victim had gone to meet a woman friend at a nearby locality but was later found dead.

According to police, the head and face of victim Yogesh Singh had been battered with a blunt object while he was sleeping in his dairy farm at Pratap Nagar locality on Thursday morning.

“The initial investigation has revealed that the victim got a call from a woman at around 9.30pm on Wednesday. She told him that a man (her husband) was troubling her and he should come soon to help her. Since the victim had turned on the speaker of his mobile, the entire conversation was heard by his friend Babu who was sitting next to him,” said Rajesh Kumar, officiating superintendent of police (city).

“After the call, the victim went to the house of the woman at nearby Shatabdi Puram locality on his two-wheeler and told Babu to go back to his house. Thereafter, he returned late at night and parked his two-wheeler outside. At around 5am on Thursday, an elderly woman saw the man dead and informed others. Police were also informed,” Kumar added.

When officials reached the spot, they found victim’s head and face had been hit by a small wooden log. The victim was from Agauta in Bulandshahr and stayed at a rented location where he had also opened his dairy farm.

The victim’s family lodged an FIR against the woman. Following this, the police called the woman, her husband and minor son for questioning. The woman said that Yogesh had come to her house on Wednesday night when she and her husband were engaged in an altercation.

“She said none of her family members knew what happened to Yogesh thereafter. All three denied knowledge about Yogesh’s murder. We are still questioning and investigating the case,” Kumar said.