All accused arrested in Bisada lynching incident | noida | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 21, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

All accused arrested in Bisada lynching incident

noida Updated: Oct 19, 2015 01:13 IST
Saurabh Trivedi
Saurabh Trivedi
Hindustan Times

Asgari Begum (in blue), mother of Mohammad Ikhlaq, being consoled after her son was killed for allegedly slaughtering a cow in Bisada village of Greater Noida. An FIR was filed against 10 people for attacking his family. (Burhaan Kinu/HT File Photo)

The Jarcha police on Sunday evening arrested the tenth and last accused named in Dadri lynching incident from Sardhana.

According to the police, Hari Om, 23, was arrested from Sardhana in Meerut at around 6pm. They said the accused was absconding ever since he was named in the FIR lodged by Mohammed Ikhlaq’s wife. The police arrested him when he was about to flee to a new hideout. He had been hiding at a friend’s house in the city.

“We got a tip-off about Hari Om with the help of the surveillance we had put out. He was tracked and arrested from Sardhana in Meerut. He was brought to the city and produced before a magistrate. He will be sent to judicial custody on Monday,” said Anurag Singh, deputy superintendent of police (Dadri).

The police also said they have arrested all the accused who were allegedly involved in the incident. On the night of September 28, Ikhlaq was lynched inside his house at Bisada village for allegedly consuming beef.

Meanwhile, after the lynching incident snowballed into a major controversy among politicians, Sangeet Som, a BJP legislator, visited Bisada village on October 4. He visited the families of the accused named in the lynching incident and had also offered financial help of Rs 5,000 to each of them.

Som had also said that the accused were capable of giving a befitting reply in case they were framed in connection with the lynching incident that took place after claims of cow slaughter.

The legislator was also accused of making inflammatory speeches during the Muzaffar Nagar riots.