Fire breaks out at Raj Nagar District Centre, none hurt
A major fire broke out at the Adiya Commercial Complex of Raj Nagar District Centre (RDC) in Ghaziabad on Friday. No one was injured in the blaze.noida Updated: Apr 22, 2016 22:54 IST
A major fire broke out at the Adiya Commercial Complex of Raj Nagar District Centre (RDC) in Ghaziabad on Friday. No one was injured in the blaze.
The fire broke out on the fifth floor office of a vegetable oil company around 3pm. The fire department and the police were informed immediately.
As soon as the news of the fire spread, employees of other offices in the building started rushing out. Some of them went to the upper floors.
“The building has eight floors and some people went to upper floors to escape the blaze. Our personnel evacuated the building at the earliest. Five fire tenders rushed to the spot to control the blaze. Thereafter, our teams went upstairs and evacuated those trapped on the upper floors,” said Ram Kishor Yadav, fire safety officer at Ghaziabad.
It took the fire officials more than an hour to put out the fire.
“It is suspected that the fire started due to short circuit in an air-conditioner. We are carrying out an inquiry and are yet to estimate the loss,” he added.
For the smooth movement of fire tenders, major roads around the building were closed and the traffic was diverted to nearby roads.
Ashok Shishodia, station house officer of the Kavi Nagar station, said, “The situation was controlled in an hour. Our teams rescued people trapped in the building and also diverted traffic for smooth movement of the fire tenders. No casualties or injuries were reported.”
On an average The Ghaziabad fire department received more than 750 fire calls during the last three years. These include major and minor fire calls.