Ghaziabad jilted lover came to hospital with intent to kill woman: Police | noida | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 26, 2017-Wednesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Ghaziabad jilted lover came to hospital with intent to kill woman: Police

noida Updated: Mar 09, 2017 13:39 IST
Peeyush Khandelwal

Police investigate the scene of the crime at the hospital.(HT)

The 23-year-old man who shot dead a 22-year-old woman at a private hospital in Ghaziabad on Tuesday evening was stalking her for the past couple of months. The man shot himself dead after killing the woman.

The investigating officers said Jyoti Gautam worked as a receptionist at Life Line Hospital in Vijay Nagar but was on leave for the past several days as she had to appear for her graduation exams.

She had come to the hospital to meet her friend Priyanka when Bobby barged in with a countrymade weapon.

“He had a verbal altercation with the woman who again refused his proposal. An infuriated Priyanka tried to push him out of the hospital. But the man took out a countrymade weapon and fired at Jyoti. He then loaded another cartridge and shot himself. Since I was not in the hospital at that time, Priyanka narrated the incident to me. She is in shock since the incident,” said Sunil Kumar Sharma, hospital owner.

Sharma added that Jyoti was not an employee of the hospital but came to the hospital as she wanted to pursue nursing in future.

“The weapon that Bobby brought along was new and he also had two cartridges with him — one he used to kill her and the other, himself. It seems like he had planned the attack and followed Jyoti to the hospital. Bobby and Jyoti were neighbours,” Sharma added.

Before the shooting incident, the conversation between Bobby and Jyoti lasted barely a minute after which shots were fired.

The police said Bobby’s parents had died several years ago and he was staying with his grandparents in Vijay Nagar. None of his family members arrived till late night at the hospital. Both Bobby and Jyoti are residents of Sector 9, Vijay Nagar.

Bobby’s landlord Amar Singh said Bobby’s grandparents had gone to their ancestral place in Aligarh for the elections and Bobby was staying with his two brothers.

“On the day of the incident, Bobby did not go with his brothers who work in Delhi. I saw him around 2.30pm on Tuesday sitting with his friends in a park. Around 7pm, he came running to the room and went inside. Then, he rushed out and locked the room. I stopped him and asked him about the pending rent. He said he will come back soon,” Singh said.

Later, Bobby went to the hospital and allegedly shot Jyoti and himself.

“I have never seen or heard about the three brothers being involved in any controversy or police case. They go early morning to work and return late night. Their schedule is the same every day. They also had cordial relations with neighbours,” he said.

The residence of the accused, victim and the hospital are located within a radius of 200 metres and is in the vicinity of Vijay Nagar police station.

Following the incident on Tuesday, the police had also lodged an FIR of murder against Bobby.

“The case will come to an end as the accused person is dead. The FIR has been filed by the hospital owner. We sent the bodies for a post mortem examination and the medical reports are awaited,” said Neeraj Singh, station house officer, Vijay Nagar police station.