Ghaziabad town tense after double murder, PAC deployed | noida | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 20, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Ghaziabad town tense after double murder, PAC deployed

noida Updated: Feb 25, 2016 01:00 IST

As the news spread, police deployed a large posse of personnel in Murad Nagar, a communally sensitive area, on Wednesday.(Sakib Ali/HT Photo)

Two men in Murad Nagar town of Ghaziabad were allegedly shot dead by a man they had lent Rs 45,000 after an altercation over returning the money. The incident took place at an isolated dairy at Bhikhanpur on Tuesday evening, the police said.

Mohammed Wasim, 24, and his uncle Mohammed Naeem, 26, – both cattle traders at Mohalla Vyaparian – were allegedly gunned down by Vijay Chaudhary and his accomplices at his dairy in Bhikhanpur, the police said.

Following an investigation that continued till early Wednesday morning, police arrested Chaudhary and four others – Ashu Prakash, Deepak Singh, Amit Sharma and Billu.

“During the investigation, it came to light that the victims and Chaudhary had a previous altercation over Rs 45,000 which Chaudhary had not returned. On Tuesday evening, he phoned the two men and asked them to meet him at the dairy. Chaudhary also got his accomplices to come there. Later, they got into an argument with the two men and Chaudhary shot them,” said Amar Singh, superintendent of police (traffic), who is officiating as SP (rural).

“The murder took place on Tuesday evening (between 4pm and 5pm) and the prime accused (Chaudhary) himself informed the police around 11.30pm. He said that he had shot two robbers at his dairy,” Singh said.

According to the victims’ family, both Wasim and Naeem left on a bike around 4pm on Tuesday and could not be traced till 2am on Wednesday. Thereafter, some local residents told the family that an ID card on one of two dead bodies, found by the police, was Wasim’s.

“Vijay had to return Rs 45,000 and he has been delaying it for the past several months. Previously,too, there were altercations over the issue. When the two did not return home (on Tuesday), we called on their mobiles phones, but there was no response and were later switched off,” Vakeel Ahmed, the victims’ relative, said.

“The two had left without telling us. Had I known they were going to meet Vijay, I would have told them not to go to his dairy, which is in an isolated area. Their bodies were recovered from the dairy and sent for a post-mortem examination,” Ahmed said.

As news of the double murder spread, the police deployed a large posse of personnel in Murad Nagar town since it is a communally-sensitive area. Three companies and one platoon of provincial armed constabulary and rapid response force are also camping in the area.

“The chief minister has announced a sum of Rs 5 lakh each from his relief fund to the families of the two victims,” said Vimal Kumar Sharma, district magistrate at Ghaziabad.

Following the incident, the SHO of Murad Nagar has also been shifted to Police Lines on the orders of SSP Dharmendra Singh.