Two minor daughters of a worker of a brick kiln at Surana in Murad Nagar town of Ghaziabad died on Sunday afternoon after they allegedly fell into the chamber of the kiln. The police have lodged an FIR against the kiln owner under Section 304A, causing death by negligence.
According to the police, both the girls, Khatija (6) and Fatima (4), were daughters of Furkan who hails from Nagla Riyawali in Muzaffar Nagar district of western UP. He stated that he has been working at the kiln for seven years.
In his complaint to the police, Furkan stated that he was spreading soil over the upper portion of the kiln chamber when his daughters arrived and slipped inside a hole leading to the chamber. He has alleged that both the girls died due to suffocation and sustaining burns.
“The hole over the kiln was covered with a rag and the two minors could not notice it. They fell inside and were discovered only after over half an hour. The kiln was not in operation for the past 10-15 days, but the poisonous gas and the heat led to the death of the two girls. We have sent the bodies for post mortem,” said Subodh Kumar Saxena, station house officer, Murad Nagar.
“Although the kiln was not in operation, prima facie we suspect that both girls suffered 5-10% burn injuries in the incident. Had the kiln been in operation, the bodies would not have been discovered due to the extremely high temperatures inside the chamber,” Saxena added.
Following the complaint, the police booked kiln owner Mukesh Kumar and are on a lookout for him. The kiln is located in the jungle area near Surana village in Murad Nagar.