Missing Ghaziabad woman traced after two months | noida | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 24, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Missing Ghaziabad woman traced after two months

noida Updated: Mar 15, 2017 10:25 IST
Sohil Sehran

23-year-old Mormi was lost as she did not know any local language. She was working in a dhaba for two months.

A 23-year-old woman from Assam who went missing from her Ghaziabad residence last December was reunited with her family by the Noida police along with Delhi Police Northeast Cell. The woman, from Jamugurihat in Assam, got lost as she could not speak any language besides Assamese and she started working at a dhaba near the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.

Police said that Mormi went missing on December 23 from Jhandapur in Ghaziabad, where she was living with her brother. Her brother works as a mechanic in an automobile company.

Her family members had lodged a missing person complaint with the police but the woman could not be traced for more than two months. On March 6, locals in Asgarpur market of Noida got suspicious about her presence as she could not converse with them, and called the police control room (PCR).

Following the PCR call, a team from the Expressway police station took charge of Mormi. The station house officer, Satish Chandra, thought the woman was speaking Bangla and called in some workers from the vicinity, who told him that the woman is from Assam.

Chandra then contacted the Northeast Cell of the Delhi Police, which sent two representatives to Noida.

The representatives, Ujjal Bora and Rebecca Rai, said they found her traumatised and mentally unstable. Mormi told them she had forgotten her address and had started working in a dhaba near the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.

The police said that she did not complain of any assault during her stay at a local dhaba and is going under medical examination at the district hospital Noida on the directions of the city magistrate.

Meanwhile, the member of legislative assembly from Tezpur was contacted by the Northeast Cell of Delhi Police, following which they were able to get her brother’s address in Ghaziabad.

Chandra said, “She will be reunited with her family once she is discharged from the hospital. Also, her statement will be recorded before the city magistrate along with the medical reports.”