Probe into protest on Noida expressway that blocked ambulance initiated | noida | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 20, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Probe into protest on Noida expressway that blocked ambulance initiated

During the protest, an ambulance ferrying a seven-year-old boy, Luv Kush, from a hospital in Firozabad to All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) in New Delhi also got stuck. The boy, suffering from high fever, allegedly died during the half-hour protest.

noida Updated: May 22, 2017 23:02 IST
Sohil Sehran
Family of Luv Kush, who died in the ambulance while it was stuck in the traffic jam.
Family of Luv Kush, who died in the ambulance while it was stuck in the traffic jam.

Two days after homebuyers blocked the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway to mark their protest against Jaypee Group, the police have started collecting the footage and pictures from its sources to identify the protesters.

“Around 250 unidentified persons have been booked under sections 147 (punishment for rioting) and 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint) at the expressway police station of Noida. They have been booked for allegedly restraining traffic movement for half an hour, which caused inconvenience to the commuters and led to vehicles lining up on the road,” said Satish Chandra, station house officer of expressway police station.

During the protest, an ambulance ferrying a seven-year-old boy, Luv Kush, from a hospital in Firozabad to All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) in New Delhi also got stuck. The boy, suffering from high fever, allegedly died during the half-hour protest.

A doctor who was also stuck in the jam had declared the boy dead and the vehicle moved back to Firozabad, carrying the body.

The boy’s father, Arjun, had said that he had pleaded with the protesters to allow the vehicle passage but no one listened to him. The police said that the senior superintendent of police directed a team to visit the boy’s village and interact with his parents.

The police said that the statement of the family would be recorded and they will be asked to brief them with details. Preliminary investigation has suggested that there were at least 10 people who were lying on the road, thereby disrupting traffic movement.

The police said that the protesters were asked to clear the spot but they did not pay heed. The police had to call for reinforcements to clear the spot. The police have charged those who were lying on the roads as the main accused in the case. An FIR has been lodged, but none of the protesters has been identified so far.

Sources said that the identification process will be completed in a week and the accused will be arrested.

“It will take us a while to identify those responsible as it was a huge gathering of people. The footage with the Mahamaya control room is being scanned. People are also being questioned to help us find the prime accused,” Chandra said.