Indian gymnast Dipa Karmakar scripted history as she became the first Indian to make the cut for the individual vault finals in her debut Olympic Games after finishing 8th in the qualifying round.
Here are six things to know about the 22-year-old gymnast from Tripura
* Karmakar is only the fifth gymnast in history to successfully land the Produnova and score 15.100 (a combination of 7.000 points for difficulty, 8.100 for execution and 0.100 for penalty).
* Karmakar’s father is a weightlifting coach and has trained ‘lifters in the Andaman Islands.
* Karmakar began training age of 5 and till the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi she was training on irregular sized landing mats.
* Karmakar has flat feet.
* Dipa Karmakar has had only one coach--Bisbeshwar Nandi.
* Since 2007, Karmakar has won 77 medals including 67 golds, in various competitions (domestic and international).