Chhetri closing in on MLS debut | other | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 26, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Chhetri closing in on MLS debut

Indian striker Sunil Chhetri’s Major League Soccer debut may not be too far away as his club Kansas City Wizards said he will be soon included in the 18-man match-day squad.

other Updated: Jul 15, 2010 22:20 IST

Indian striker Sunil Chhetri’s Major League Soccer debut may not be too far away as his club Kansas City Wizards said he will be soon included in the 18-man match-day squad.

Chhetri signed for KC Wizards in late March but is yet to make his debut in MLS, which is halfway through this season.
“Hopefully he will be able to make the 18-man active roster soon,” KC Wizards Public Relations Officer Dave Borchardt said. He has also a chance to play against the likes of Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, Dimitar Berbatov and Edwin Van der Sar.

Silva completes move to Man City

London: Spain’s World Cup winning winger David Silva completed his move to Premier League club Manchester City from Valencia.

City’s website did not disclose the fee but the Abu Dhabi-owned club are reported to have paid around £24 million for Silva. Silva is City’s third signing during the close-season, following Roberto Mancini, Jerome Boateng and Yaya Toure.

Heskey Retires

Birmingham: Striker Emile Heskey has retired from international football in the wake of England’s dismal from World Cup. Since making his England debut in 1999, Heskey scored seven goals in 62 appearances.

The announcement comes after Fabio Capello announced plans to bring through young players to give the team “new energy”.

Lajong team to appear in Manchester

Shillong: The u-15 boys of Shillong Lajong FC will participate in the Manchester United Premier Cup at Manchester in England.

The Shillong side will face teams from all over the world, including those from Asia, South America, Europe and United States of America.

Rooney defeats multi-million pound lawsuit

London: Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney has defeated attempts by his former management agency to sue him for 4.3 million pounds, labelling their claim “a joke” and an attempt to exploit him.

The 24-year-old had been accused of withholding commission on multi-million pound deals brokered by sports management firm Proactive, who used to represent him.