Cancer survey to be completed by Jan 10: DC

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Fatehgarh Sahib
  • |
  • Updated: Jan 07, 2013 20:47 IST

Seven hundred and sixteen persons have died due to cancer in the past five years in Fatehgarh Sahib district, a health department survey has revealed.


During the door-to-door survey, which began on December 1 and will be completed by January 10, 1,059 suspected cases of cancer were found in the district, deputy commissioner Yashvir Mahajan said.

So far, the health department has covered 4.88 lakh of the 6.06 lakh people in the district. Mahajan said he had met officials of the health department and directed them to examine all the people who are suspected to have cancer. "The survey has helped raise awareness about cancer.

After the survey, confirmed cases will be identified and the government will provide Rs 1.5 lakh to each patient for treatment," he said.

Teams participating in the survey are also creating awareness about the disease. "For availing money for treatment, patients will have to submit a form to the civil surgeon," he said.

 

also read

Protest held against delay in 'one rank, one pension'

blog comments powered by Disqus