1 electrocuted on movie set, another suffers burn injuries | punjab | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 22, 2017-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

1 electrocuted on movie set, another suffers burn injuries

A man was electrocuted and another received severe burn injuries on the set of Hindi movie 'Son of Sardar' at Bagrian village in Sangrur district.

punjab Updated: Mar 14, 2012 12:09 IST
HT Correspondent

A man was electrocuted and another received severe burn injuries on the set of Hindi movie 'Son of Sardar' at Bagrian village in Sangrur district.

The deceased has been identified as Savinder Singh (30) and the injured as Vipin Rai (35). Both worked as electricians in the production crew.

Sources said the incident happened at around 11am, when the electricians were working on the roof of the haveli.

SSP Harcharan Singh Bhullar said Savinder was carrying an iron rod in his hand, which came in contact with a live wire passing over the roof. Vipin who was standing near the deceased also received shock.

Both were taken to the local hospital at Amargarh. They were then referred to government Rajinder hospital Patiala. Savinder died on his way to hospital.