13-year-old girl electrocuted on roof | punjab | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 12, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

13-year-old girl electrocuted on roof

A 13-year-old girl was electrocuted after she came in contact with high-voltage wires while flying a kite on the terrace in Bahadurke village of Ladhowal on Thursday.

punjab Updated: Dec 18, 2014 21:43 IST
HT Correspondent

A 13-year-old girl was electrocuted after she came in contact with high-voltage wires while flying a kite on the terrace in Bahadurke village of Ladhowal on Thursday.


Such was the impact that the victim's body shattered into pieces. The victim, Pooja, was a student of Class 7 at a private school.

On being informed, Laddowal police reached the spot and sent the body to Lord Mahavira civil hospital for post-mortem examination.

Locals blamed the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) for the death. They claimed that they had been making repeated complaints to the PSPCL to shift high-voltage wires from near the roofs, but in vain.

Rajinder Kumar, an area resident, alleged that had the PSPCL paid heed to their complaints, the precious life could have been saved.

However, PSPCL officials denied any responsibility in the incident.

When contacted, PSPCL sub-divisional officer (SDO) Budh Parkash said as he had joined just today, he was unaware of any complaints filed by the residents. He said he had been given additional charge of the area, as the previous SDO had been transferred, adding that he would look into the matter.