14-year-old girl electrocuted in bathroom | punjab | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 27, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

14-year-old girl electrocuted in bathroom

punjab Updated: Feb 17, 2015 21:47 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times


A 14-year-old girl was electrocuted in the bathroom of her house in Gagandeep Colony on Tuesday afternoon.The victim has been identified as Mansi.

Her family said Mansi had gone to take bath on Tuesday afternoon, and as soon as she touched the bathroom switch, she was electrocuted. They rushed towards the bathroom on hearing her screams and broke open the door. Mansi was rushed to the hospital, where doctors declared her dead.

The Basti Jodhewal Police reached the spot and sent the body to civil hospital for autopsy.

Assistant sub-inspector (ASI) Inderjeet Singh of Jodhewal police station said the police had initiated inquest proceedings under section 174 of the CrPC.