Bollywood singer and rapper Yo Yo Honey has turned 31 today. The rapper has really made it big in the Bollywood. We give you some facts we bet you might not be knowing about your favourite singer.
1. Honey Singh’s real name is Hirdesh Singh and our Punjabi gabru was born in Hoshiarpur in Punjab.
2. Singh is a fitness freak who cannot do without two hour workout every day.
3. Yo Yo has also worked in Punjab films like Mirza and Main Tera 22 Tu Mera 22. He made his Bollywood debut in 2014 with The Expose. After a failed Bollywood debut, Honey Singh will be returning to Punjabi cinema in mid 2015, with the film Zorawar.4. Yo Yo shot the video of his famous song 'brown rang' in Dubai for a whooping amount of $100,000. The video was directed by video directors from Los Angeles.
5. In 2006, Honey Singh's single went to be number one on BBC world charts.
6. Singh's album 'International Villager' has become the highest grossing Punjabi album of all time.
7.Honey was paid Rs 70 lakh, making him the most expensive singer in Bollywood history, for the track 'Mujhe Neat Pila De Sajna' in Sunil Bohra's flick Mastaan, It is the biggest amount paid to a song artist in Bollywood till date.
8. Honey Singh picked up the slang 'Yo Yo' from his African-American friends, which when translated means aapka apna (your own). So his name gives him a unique identity 'aapka apna Honey'.
9. Yo Yo has learned DJing from DJ Vishal and he bagged the second spot in "War of DJs".
10. Yo Yo's track 'Gabru' from International Villager, featuring singer J-Star, topped Asian music charts (including the official BBC Asian charts).
11. He earns two spots on YouTube's list of top 10 trending videos of 2012. His song Brown Rang makes it to top spot and High Heels, in collaboration with Jaz Dhami, on fourth spot.
12. He is a huge cricket fan and loves driving.
13. Yo Yo has won many awards. He also has to his credit the BritAsia Best International Act 2012.
14. Yo Yo wanted to be a music producer. He even knows how to play a tabla.15. Honey Singh has 1.44 million followers on Twitter and 28,203,322 on Facebook (as on March 13).