18-year-old electrocuted to death in Ludhiana | punjab$ludhiana | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jun 24, 2017-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

18-year-old electrocuted to death in Ludhiana

18-year-old Hardik Sharma, a resident of Omaxe Royal Residency at Pakhowal road, was electrocuted to death after he got entangled with high-tension wires in the colony’s playground on Sunday. His friend Kanav Dhawan, 18, too, suffered severe burn injuries and is said to be in a serious condition

punjab Updated: Apr 17, 2017 13:48 IST
HT Correspondent
18-year-old electrocuted
The duo was trying to switch on the floodlights of the colony play ground when the incident took place. (Representative image )

18-year-old Hardik Sharma, a resident of Omaxe Royal Residency at Pakhowal road, was electrocuted to death after he got entangled with high-tension wires in the colony’s playground on Sunday. His friend Kanav Dhawan, 18, too, suffered severe burn injuries and is said to be in a serious condition.

The duo was trying to switch on the floodlights of the colony play ground when the incident took place.

Sharma and Dhawan had planned a friendly football match but flood lights of the ground developed a technical snag were not getting switched on.

The two friends decided to repair it themselves and climbed up a steel ladder to the switch panel of the light. Hardik climbed up the ladder while Kanav held it. Suddenly, the ladder got entangled with the high-tension wires.

Colony residents are accusing the colony management for the mishap, adding that the high-tension wires cross the area at a height of just 20 feet. Moreover, the management did not remove portable steel ladder from the ground, which was lying from past three days.

Residents claim that a blast occurred and both friends were electrocuted. They rushed both of them to Guru Teg Bahadur Charitable Hospital. Sharma was further referred him to Dayan and Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), where he died. Sharma was Class 12 student.