Three people were critically injured after a liquid petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder exploded at their home here on Saturday.
Satpal Garg, his son Navdeep and brother Sohan Lal, reisidents of Street no 3, Kartar Basti, behind Government Rajindera College, sustained burns after a cylinder exploded while they were illegally transferring LPG from one cylinder into another.
They were admitted to the civil hospital but were referred to a private hospital immediately.
A fire brigade reached the spot of the accident and brought the situation under control.
Several residents of the street are allegedly in the illegal business of refilling of LPG cylinders.
The police found 50 cylinders from the house and booked the accused under Section 420 for illegally possessing the cylinders and refilling them.
The incident has also raised question mark over the functioning of the district food and supplies department.