40-year-old man dies after consuming poison | punjab$patiala | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 20, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

40-year-old man dies after consuming poison

punjab Updated: Mar 17, 2016 09:27 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent

A 40-year-old man, who failed to get the possession of a plot, died after consuming poison at his house on Wednesday evening.

The deceased has been identified as Puran Chand, a resident of Khanouri in district Sangrur.

Baljit Singh, station house officer, Khanouri, said the deceased’s wife Kanta Devi in her complaint said five months ago Chand bought a plot from Kulwant Singh, a resident of Khanouri. The plot was empty and was being utilised by Ram Lal, neighbour of Chand, to make dung cakes.

Kanta Devi said on Tuesday afternoon Ram Lal, ward councillor Jagbir Singh and advocate Bunty came to their house and asked about Chand. Chand was not at home, so they all went back. However, the same evening when Chand came home, he was not feeling well and said he had consumed poison.

Chand also told his wife that councillor Jagbir Singh and Satish Kumar and advocate Bunty had insulted him in the market. Chand was unable to breathe properly, following which he was admitted to a private hospital Kaithal, where he died on Wednesday during treatment.