Property and goods valued at lakhs of rupees were destroyed when a fire broke out on the premises of Shristi Technology Company at the export promotion park in Jharmajri village of Barotiwala on Tuesday.
Police said though the cause of the blaze could not be ascertained immediately, preliminary investigations suggested that the mishap possibly occurred due to a short circuit in the unit’s main painting hall at around 10pm on Monday.
The fire reduced raw and finished material, machinery and other property to ashes by the time fire tenders from various centres succeeded in controlling the blaze.
The damage was estimated at `50 lakh. The unit was engaged in manufacture of table and ceiling fans.