90 students show symptoms of food poisoning

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Bathinda
  • Updated: Nov 09, 2014 23:23 IST

Panic gripped the authorities of Guru Kashi University, Talwandi Sabo, and the district administration after around 90 students showed symptoms of food poisoning after allegedly consuming adulterated food from a hostel mess of the university.

Eight students complained of severe vomiting and others complained of headache. Students alleged that a dead lizard was found in food.

Around 80 students reached the local sub-divisional hospital in Talwandi Sabo with food poisoning symptoms. About ten students, who complained of vomiting, were admitted to Talwandi Sabo government-run hospital.

Some of the students were also sent to Bathinda and Mansa civil hospitals. All students are out of danger.

Later university authorities cancelled the contract with the mess contractor. A complaint against him has also been lodged with the station house officer, Talwandi Sabo. The hostel warden has been suspended with immediate effect.

also read

Kejriwal faces slogans, black flags after releasing trade
Show comments