Articles worth Rs 8 lakh were destroyed when a fire broke out at a store of Hotel Piccadily here on Sunday.
According to fire station officials, the store caught fire around 1.11am. The staff of the hotel got panicked after the store located on the ground floor caught fire. The hotel staff came to know about the fire when they noticed thick smoke coming out of the store. Thereafter, a fire brigade from the local fire station rushed to the hotel to douse the flames.
The local fire officer received minor injuries after a pipe fell on his leg while carrying out the fire-fighting operation. Meanwhile, sources said the store caught fire due to electric short circuit.