Attack on army in Manipur: Bali announces free travel for martyrs' family to Hardwar

  • HT Correspondent, None, Mandi
  • Updated: Jun 06, 2015 20:48 IST

Transport Minister GS Bali on Saturday announced free travel for the family members of seven 6 Dogra Regiment martyrs, who sacrificed their lives in an ambush attack by militant outfit in Manipur, to reach Hardwar (Uttarakhand) to perform the last rites.

Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) divisional manager (Mandi zone), AN Salaria, in a press release here, said that the transport minister had ordered the HRTC depots to ensure free to-and-fro journey to Hardwar the family members of the martyrs.

Salaria said that the information had been passed to every regional manager (RM) to ensure seat and comfort of the family members.

Notable, as many as seven soldiers, out of total 18, who lost their lives when a team of 6 Dogra Regiment was on patrolling as part of its daily routine along Tengnoupal-New Samtal route, about 80 km from Imphal, were attacked by an insurgent outfit NSCN-K (Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland) with a powerful improvised explosive device (IED), belonged to Himachal Pradesh.

The family members of the martyrs are waiting for the bodies of the martyrs. Sources said that the mortal remains of the three martyrs-Havaldar Prakash Chand (36), Sepoy Manoj Kumar (31) and Sepoy Vikas Bhardwaj (26)- of 6 Dogra regiment, who belong to Mandi district are likely to reach at their native villages late Saturday evening and consigned to flames on Sunday morning.

also read

Naga militants open fire at Assam Rifles camp in Arunachal Pradesh
Show comments