A four months pregnant woman died following the blast of a gas cylinder while the family got severe injuries here in village saidewala of Budhlada constituency in Mansa district.
According to information a blast in cooking gas cylinder occurred early in the morning when 30-year-old Amandeep Kaur ignited the gas-stove in their house. Amandeep Kaur along with her husband Sehajpal Singh (32) and three-year-old daughter Rajwant Kaur suffered severe injuries. The room of the house includes the kitchen where the blast occurred and injured other family members.
The blast is said to be too intensive that besides collapsing the complete roof of the house it also shivered the neighbouring houses.
The deceased Amandeep Kaur was rushed to Mansa District Hospital and then referred for higher institute but unfortunately she died on the way to Ludhiana.
The family members, including the deceased's husband , who is a marginal farmer, and daughter are said to be out of danger.
The police, as it couldn't find parts of blasted cylinder, was investigating into the matter till filing of the reports.
Mansa senior superintendent of police (SSP) Narinder Bhargav said, "The family got injured after the blast and it seems that the incident occured in the morning, as also claimed by injured family, but we along with forensic Lab are investigating into the matter."
Expressing sorrow for the unfortunate incident, Mansa deputy commissioner (DC) Amit Dhaka said, "The investigation in the case is being done and we have written to Punjab chief minister for compensation to the victims."