Haryana finance minister Capt Abhimanyu on Thursday said that the state government was in the process of setting up a call centre to monitor complaints received at the CM window.
Interacting with newspersons at a meet-the-press programme at the press club here, Capt Abhimanyu said that people could check the status of their grievances at the call centre. They could also track the status of their application, he said while adding that a mobile app would also be started to provide easier access to people.
He said that Indian Synthetic Rubber Ltd had proposed to invest Rs 10,000 crore in Haryana while Micromax, a major mobile handset manufacturer, was also keen to have its manufacturing unit in the state.
The minister said that the Haryana government was also exploring possibilities to set up petro-chemical complex as well as electronic and hardware manufacturing facilities in the state. Recently, the Honda chairman had met chief minister ML Khattar and offered to invest about 2 billion dollars in Haryana.
He said that Haryana was among the last five states in usage of Information technology (IT) during the regime of the previous government despite the fact that the state was one of the largest exporters of IT.
He said that Haryana, which was among the states with the lowest Aadhaar card registration in the country, had crossed 95% coverage with the usage of IT during the past seven months. The previous government considered opaque system as a safety shield but the BJP government was now trying to reverse this trend, he added.
Stating that the state government had for the first time auctioned liquor vends through e-tendering which resulted in about 44% revenue increase in a single district of Mewat, he said that government would also try to start e-tendering system for small contracts of different departments at the district level. While describing infrastructure as a basic requirement for development, Capt Abhimanyu said that the present government had restarted construction work of Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway which hanged fire for years. The contract of the first phase from Manesar to Palwal had already been given and it was likely to be completed in the next eight months.
Similarly, the work order for Manesar-Kundli would be released next week. "Now it will be a six-lane expressway, not four-lane as planned earlier and it would be completed in two-and-a-half years," he added.
He said the government had released Rs 1,092 crore for the farmers whose crops had been damaged by unseasonal rains and hailstorm.