Advertisement

HindustanTimes Thu,10 Jul 2014

1.4-lakh Indians left Saudi in Apr-Nov 2013

PTI  New Delhi, February 20, 2014
First Published: 17:06 IST(20/2/2014) | Last Updated: 17:29 IST(20/2/2014)

Around 1.41 lakh Indians left Saudi Arabia with emergency certificates as well as regular passport during and after the seven-month grace period following the enforcement of Nitaqat law, government said today.
 
"The number of Indians who left on final exit with EC as well as with regular passport during and after the seven month grace period announced by Saudi authorities is 1,41,301 (as on November 27, 2013)," Overseas Indian affairs minister Vayalar Ravi told the Rajya Sabha.
 
Ravi said that the grace period was between April 6, 2013 and November 3, 2013. He added that all these Indian nationals could return home without facing any penal action and with no ban on their return.
 
He said the Indian Embassy in Riyadh received a total of 68175 EC applications, of which 42729 were distributed. The Consulate General of India in Jeddah received 26600 EC applications and 23486 of them were distributed.

Advertisement
comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

CPIM protest against RUSA

Communist Party of India (Marxist) organised a protest against Rashtriya Uchhattar Skiksha Abhiyan (RUSA), an educational system adopted by the state government last year, and submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister through the Mandi deputy commissioner on Thursday.
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved