Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sun,31 Aug 2014

2 women electrocuted

HT Correspondent , Hindustan Times  Ambala, June 24, 2014
First Published: 09:06 IST(24/6/2014) | Last Updated: 09:08 IST(24/6/2014)

Two of three persons died after being electrocuted at their residence in Allahapur village on Sunday night. The deceased were identified as Mamchandi Devi, 65, and her daughter-in-law Bela Devi, 40.

Bela Devi’s son Vikas, 20, was admitted to MM Medical College, Mullana, and is under treatment.

According to locals, as Vikas touched an electric wire tied in the courtyard to dry clothes, he received an electric shock. On hearing his shriek, his mother and grandmother rushed to save him. As they tried to rescue him, they were electrocuted.

Bela’s husband Om Parkash said the trio was rushed to MM Medical College, where doctors declared his wife and mother brought dead. He said the power connection was snapped to save the other members of the family.

Dr OP Aggarwal, forensic medicine head, MM Medical College, Mullana, said bodies had been handed over to the relatives after the post-mortem examination.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

THE MOST VENOMOUS

Late on Wednesday night, my smartphone flashed the caller's name 'Salim Khan'. I presumed it was Khan wanting to inform me of yet another exciting snake rescue or a tragic snakebite. But my heart sank. It was not Khan but a panicky lady blabbering at the other end. I thought my worst fears had come true: after having rescued hundreds of venomous snakes from tricky spots, I thought this time Khan had himself been bitten by one and that his relatives were informing me. However, it was not exactly a venomous snake that had struck Khan. It was MAN, a species that has proved deadlier than the most toxic of slithering serpents.  Writes VIKRAM JIT SINGH
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved