Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sat,20 Sep 2014

Brar submits reply to showcause notice

HT Correspondent , Hindustan Times  Patiala, August 05, 2014
First Published: 21:23 IST(5/8/2014) | Last Updated: 21:25 IST(5/8/2014)

Claiming that the "media has misquoted him", former Congress Working Committee (CWC) member Jagmeet Brar has submitted his reply to a showcause notice to Shakeel Ahmad, general secretary, All India Congress Committee (AICC), and in-charge, Punjab affairs.

Advertisement

Instead of sending a direct reply to Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee (PPCC) president Partap Singh Bajwa, who had issued the notice to Brar, the latter addressed his reply to Ahmad, but marked a copy to the PPCC office.

Confirming that he had received the reply via email, Ahmad told Hindustan Times, "Brar telephonically informed me that he had submitted his reply. Now I will examine it and send a report to the party high command for further pursuing matter."

On being asked about Brar's reply, the AICC general secretary said he had yet to read the email. "But as per our telephonic conversation, Brar has said that he was misquoted by the media. He has told me what exactly he said," Ahmad added, speaking to HT on the phone from Haryana.

Brar had been quoted as saying by the media that Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi should take two years' leave from the Congress, but he denied making such a statement.

The former Congress MP said he had demanded that some general secretaries and others key managers must take responsibility for the party's poor performance in the Lok Sabha polls.

In an interview to HT (August 3), Brar had even questioned the re-appointment of Manmohan Singh as the Prime Minister in 2009, saying that Pranab Mukherjee was the natural choice, but a strong coterie of the Congress didn't allow this decision to be taken.

Brar had also advised the party to withdraw the showcause notice to rebel Haryana Congress leader Birender Singh.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

CTU incurs Rs 262 cr losses in 5 years

Figures procured under the Right to Information (RTI) reveal that the Chandigarh administration-run bus service recorded an income of Rs 91.46 crore while its expenditure was Rs 130 crore in the financial year 2009-10, thus incurring a loss of Rs 39.11 crore.
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved