Advertisement

HindustanTimes Wed,23 Apr 2014

Desist from disinformation campaign, Hooda tells Abhey

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  Chandigarh, February 02, 2013
First Published: 20:11 IST(2/2/2013) | Last Updated: 20:13 IST(2/2/2013)

Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Saturday said that his political opponents could fight a legal battle and should stop indulging in disinformation campaign.

Advertisement


He was apparently giving suggestion to former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala and his MLA son Ajay Singh, who along with 53 others were convicted in the teachers' recruitment scam case. "Fight should be contested within the legal framework," Hooda said.

"They (INLD leaders) should concentrate on pleading the case before court of law rather than levelling false allegations against others," the CM said.

Speaking on the occasion of foundation stone laying ceremony of metro rail project in Bahadurgarh in Jhajjar district and referring to the false allegations levelled by INLD leaders, Hooda said people knew facts that the case was registered by the CBI on Supreme Court's directions in 2003, when Chautala was the chief minister and Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the prime minister, therefore, how could one hold him or Congress responsible for that, he added.

Hooda said that he had never believed in political vendetta and considered politics as means of the service to the people. ``If it had been desired, there would not have been wait for eight years. I do not believe in the politics of vendetta, rather I believe in politics of development," he held.

Referring to INLD MLA Abhey Singh Chautala's challenge, former Haryana Vidhan Sabha speaker and Beri MLA Raghubir Singh Kadian, said he was ready to debate with Abhey on this issue and if Abhey could reply to his questions, he (Kadian) would leave politics.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

Accused supervisor still at large

The main accused in the Bal Niketan sexual assault case, Manish Arora, remained at large on Wednesday, a day after a case was registered into the matter. The police have sent teams to different parts of Punjab and Haryana to nab the 50-year-old accused, who is the supervisor of the Sector 15 home.
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved