Advertisement

HindustanTimes Thu,18 Sep 2014

Faridkot abduction-rape: HC grants 3 weeks for victim's reply

HT Correspondent  Chandigarh, December 17, 2012
First Published: 22:50 IST(17/12/2012) | Last Updated: 22:53 IST(17/12/2012)

Accepting the request made by the counsel appearing for the minor girl's parents in the Faridkot abduction-rape case that the victim wants to file a detailed statement about the whole incident the Punjab and Haryana high court has granted three weeks' time for the purpose.

Advertisement

When the case came up for hearing before the bench headed by justice Jitendra Chauhan on Monday, the petitioners' counsel said the girl wanted to file a statement narrating as to what really happened in the case.

Though the court accepted the prayer, but when the counsel requested the bench for a short date in the case, the bench said there was no such urgency as the accused had been languishing in jail and the police were conducting the investigation. The bench also said that even the girl was now in her parents' custody.

A Class-10 girl was abducted at gunpoint by Nishan Singh, a resident of New Harindra Nagar, Faridkot, and his three accomplices from her Faridkot house on September 24.

The FIR was registered on the same day at the Faridkot police station against Nishan. The Punjab police had arrested Nishan and rescued the victim from Baga beach in Goa on October 21.

However, the victim's parents had moved the high court, seeking an investigation into the case by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

The case would now come up for hearing on January 7, 2013.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

‘People of Punjab are very impatient, want quick results… Give me time till 2016-end’

Having crossed the halfway mark of a second consecutive term, deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, de facto head of the SAD-BJP government in Punjab, has reset priorities. As the development agenda lost steam in the euphoria of back-to-back victories in assembly polls, the jolt of Lok Sabha results forced the CM-in-waiting to pull up his socks. Banking heavily on the new NDA government at the Centre, Sukhbir in an interview with HT said that, in next 30 months, all departments will get a thrust.

Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved