Advertisement

HindustanTimes Thu,18 Sep 2014

Faridkot kidnapping: Accused threatens girls parents, now booked under IT Act

PTI   Faridkot, January 30, 2013
First Published: 15:54 IST(30/1/2013) | Last Updated: 15:57 IST(30/1/2013)

Faridkot jail authorities are under scanner after the main accused in the alleged kidnapping of a 15-year-old girl at gunpoint from her house in full public view, allegedly made a threatening call to the victim's father from the prison.

Advertisement

The 23-year-old accused, Nishan Singh, who is allegedly close to some Akali leaders, had made a call to the victim's father from the prison on the night of January 16 threatening him not to depose against him in the case, Faridkot SSP G S Toor on Wednesday said.

"The jail authorities have been put under investigations after the development," he said.
Following the fresh allegations, police have slapped another case under Information Technology Act against the accused, who is already facing at least 18 criminal charge.

A local court has remanded Nishan in two days police custody for making the threatening call.

The girl was allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint by Nishan and his associates from her house in September last year. Later, the two were picked up by the police from Goa.

All the 18 accused in the case are behind bars.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

Camelot project: Sukhbir moves HC, challenges I-T notice

Sukhbir Badal has moved the Punjab and Haryana high court, challenging the income tax department’s notice to him for payment of Rs 1.2 crore capital gain on an amount that he is allegedly “yet to receive” from the Tata Housing company as he had given the land for the company’s upcoming Camelot housing project in Kansal, SAS Nagar.
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved