Advertisement

HindustanTimes Wed,01 Oct 2014

From Salman Khan to Gulshan Kumar, Bollywood's a-listers who received threat calls from underworld

Swati Sachdeva and Purnima Kalia, Hindustan Times  Chandigarh , June 18, 2014
First Published: 15:17 IST(18/6/2014) | Last Updated: 15:34 IST(18/6/2014)

 Bollywood and Underworld has always shared a crispy, twisted relationship. The same being the case with businessmen and industrialists. Recent in the line is the Wadia Group, headed by Ness Wadia's father Nusli Wadia, who filed a complaint with the police alleging threats from underworld don Ravi Pujari, who allegedly said in a message, "Don't do any mischief with the lady.".


Here are the top Bollywood a-listers who have had these dirty encounters.

GULSHAN KUMAR

Gulshan Kumar, who changed the face of the Indian music business, got a underworld threatening call by Abu Salem, Dawood Ibrahim’s man in Dubai, demanding Rs. 10 crores. On refusal by Gulshan, after 10 days, two men shot him as he emerged from Shiva temple in Andheri, Mumbai.


RAKESH ROSHAN

Rakesh Roshan was shot at by two armed men outside his Santacruz office in Janaury 2000. Luckily, he was saved by his driver ,who took him immediately to the hospital.The producer-director had also received threatening calls from the underworld in 2004.


SAJID NADIADWALA

Members of the Ejaz Lakdawala gang barged into Sajid Nadiadwala’s office and threatened him in April 2010. Nadiadwala was provided police security after this incident.

VIVEK OBEROI

Vivek Oberoi was also reportedly threatened. Suresh Oberoi, Vivek’s father, had told the police that they had received threatening calls in 2011.

SOHAIL KHAN AND RITESH SIDHWANI

Sohail Khan and Ritesh Sidhwani had also filed individual complaints in September 2011 for getting threatening calls from gangster Ravi Pujari.

KARAN JOHAR

Renowned filmmaker Karan Johar had also received extortion threats via text message from an unknown number in September 2013. He was provided armed guards by the police.

RAM GOPAL VARMA

Ram Gopal Varma had also reportedly received threatening calls in July. The filmmaker was asked to cut certain lines from his upcoming gangster flick, Satya 2.

THE JINDAL GROUP

The Jindal Group also claimed it has received two calls from a person claiming to be underworld don Ravi Pujari, who allegedly threatened them to withdraw the extortion bid case against Zee News. A representative of the Jindal Group said that the calls were made at two different times on November 29, 2012 to the company’s office in south Delhi’s Bhikaji Cama Place.

BONEY KAPOOR

Bollywood producer Boney Kapoor has received death threats over the phone from an unidentified person, suspected to be linked to underworld don Ravi Pujari's gang, the police said in Mumbai. Explaining the gist of the threatening phone calls, a police officer at Oshiwara police station said, the caller had given death threats saying that because of the film producer, his two men had been arrested and the caller wanted to take revenge now." The caller allegedly threatened to shoot down the husband of veteran actress Sridevi, the police said.

YASH CHOPRA

Lt Yash Chopra, head of Yash Raj Films, also received extortion calls from gangster Ravi Pujari. The caller threatened that if the money was not paid the filmmaker would face "dire consequences".


SONU NIGAM

Singer-turned-actor Sonu Nigam also received threatening calls from underworld don Chhota Shakeel asking the singer to change the event management company that was to handle his 2014 world tour, a private news channel had reported.


FARHAN AKHTAR AND SALMAN KHAN

Bollywood leading men Farhan Akhtar and Salman Khan have also received threat calls earlier this year. Producers Farhan Azmi and Ritesh Sidhwani have also been getting extortion calls from the underworld in January this year.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

HC issues notice to CBI on Chautala campaigning for elections

The Delhi high court on Wednesday issues notice to CBI on plea complaining that former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, who has been out on bail after being sentenced to 10 years in prison in the teachers recruitment scam case, has started campaigning for the upcoming state election without court's consent.
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved