Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sun,13 Jul 2014

Haryana promoting industrial clusters in state

PTI  Chandigarh, April 22, 2013
First Published: 16:43 IST(22/4/2013) | Last Updated: 16:44 IST(22/4/2013)

The Haryana government is promoting industrial clusters across the state with the Central help to give a push to small and medium enterprises.

Advertisement


A total of seven such industrial clusters are being developed in the state, an official release quoting Industries Department Director TL Satyaprakash said.

While work on a printing and packaging cluster in Karnal district is under progress, similar inter-connected business concentrations of are being set up in Panipat, Bahadurgarh, Bhiwani and Faridabad, Satyaprakash said.

The cluster in Panipat will focus on textile sector, while the Bahadurgarh, Bhiwani and Faridabad clusters will focus on footwear, hospital equipments and auto parts, he said.

Industrial clusters have also been planned at Ambala and Kundli, Satyaprakash said.

The initiative is part of the Cluster Development Programme started by Union Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, he said.

Under the programme, financial assistance will be provided to small entrepreneurs to help them start their own businesses.

According to the programme's provision, for a start-up sum of Rs. 15 crore, the Centre will bear 80 per cent of the assistance, while the remaining 20 per cent will be equally shared by the state government and the entrepreneur himself.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

Modi govt appeasing affluent section of society: CPM

The Communist Party of India (Marxist) state secretary, Inderjit Singh has attacked the Narendra Modi government at the Centre and the Congress government in the state for betraying the cause of people and working for the corporate sector. He was addressing a general body meeting of the party workers at Sirsa for reviewing the current political situation and to prepare for the coming assembly elections.

Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved