Advertisement

HindustanTimes Fri,19 Sep 2014

Minor dies, four ill after consuming 'expired' snacks

HT Correspondent  Srinagar, December 13, 2012
First Published: 18:39 IST(13/12/2012) | Last Updated: 19:31 IST(13/12/2012)

A five-year-old girl died, while four other family members took ill, after allegedly consuming expired snacks in south Kashmir's Kulgam area.

Advertisement

According to south Kashmir police, during the intervening night of December 11-12, the family members of Gulzar Ahmad Check, son of Abdul Rehman, a resident of Manzgam, and his wife Mehbooba (35), his son Suhail Raja (10), his nephew Shahzaib and niece Abiroo (5) consumed expired snacks that caused food poisoning.

"They were taken to local hospital for treatment, where from three children were referred to Children Hospital, Srinagar, for further treatment," said the police.

However, Abiroo, daughter of Nisar Ahmad, died on the way to hospital.

The Kulgam police have initiated inquest proceedings under section 174 CrPC in this regard.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

Project to set up three smart schools in city gathers dust for over a year

The plans of the UT education department to roll out reforms in the education system by setting up smart schools in the city have been gathering dust for over a year. The first smart school was setup in Sector 53 in April 2012 by the department.
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved