Advertisement

HindustanTimes Thu,31 Jul 2014

October 7 last date for getting illegal colonies regularised

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  CHANDIGARH, September 05, 2013
First Published: 22:42 IST(5/9/2013) | Last Updated: 22:43 IST(5/9/2013)

The Punjab government on Thursday announced October 7 as the cut-off date by when colonisers and individual property holders can apply to get their unauthorised constructions regularised.

Advertisement

Deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal made this announcement at a high-level review meeting here with deputy commissioners for implementing the state policy of regularisation of illegal colonies/buildings.

The meeting was also attended by local bodies minister Chunni Lal Bhagat, revenue minister Bikram Singh Majithia and industries minister Anil Joshi.

The DCs were directed to launch a sustained campaign for 100% regularisation of illegal colonies in their respective districts by organising camps in illegal colonies, a spokesman said here.

Sukhbir said the DCs would be held accountable to ensure that all colonies in their districts are regularised as per the policy.

It was observed that till date only 1,000 applications had been received from across the state, whereas there were more than 5,500 illegal colonies with lakhs of illegal houses and plots.

He asked the DCs to tie up with leading banks of the region for the purpose of payment collection and draft-making while registering those applying for getting their properties regularised by October 7.

Sukhbir assured that the whole process had been made online to facilitate users, but the onus was on the team incharge to ensure that every house falling in the colony allocated to him should fulfil all formalities by the last date.

The last date (October 7) would not be extended, he stressed.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

Yash Makkar claims innocence, levels charges against wife Shubhreet

A day after India’s got talent’s one-legged dancer Shubhreet Kaur Ghumman alleged her Chandigarh-based husband Yash Makkar of torturing and duping her, Makker claimed innocence and instead levelled charges of mental harassment against the dancer.
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved