State Cong questions move to ‘derail’ recruitment drive

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, CHANDIGARH
  • |
  • Updated: Jul 02, 2014 23:12 IST

 The Congress on Wednesday questioned the Punjab government’s move to ‘further derail’ the ongoing recruitment drive for appointing 537 jail warders and 36 female matrons that was on for more than two years now.

Addressing a press conference here, Punjab Congress spokesman Sukhpal Khaira said these posts were first advertised in October 2011, for which about 1.3 lakh unemployed had applied.

He said the recruitment process, for which the SAD-BJP government had so far set up three boards, was still not complete.

More than 50,000 shortlisted youths had appeared for physical trials by April 2012 and the three boards had started the process to verify educational degrees of candidates, he added.

But, he said, the counselling had so far not led to any logical end, keeping thousands of aspiring unemployed youths in the dark.

Khaira said chief minister Parkash Singh Badal had assured the shortlisted candidates during electioneering for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls that they would soon be given jobs, but the promise was yet to be fulfilled.

 

also read

Physio blames workload for KXIP pacers’ injuries

blog comments powered by Disqus