Advertisement

HindustanTimes Thu,18 Sep 2014

Two suffer severe burns injuries due to stove bursts

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  Chandigarh, February 24, 2013
First Published: 20:01 IST(24/2/2013) | Last Updated: 20:24 IST(24/2/2013)

Two persons, including a minor boy, suffered severe burn injuries when a cooking stove burst in colony number 5 here on Sunday.

Advertisement


The victims were identified as 21-year-old labourer Dharam Raj and 16-year-old Sonu, a Class IX student of a government school in Sector 34. They suffered more than 50% burn injuries on their faces and other parts of the bodies.

Police said that both had gone to their neighbour Ramesh's house to watch television. Dharam Raj was making tea when the stove burst around 1.30am, causing serious injuries to both. Hearing their screams, neighbours rushed to the spot and took them to Government Medical College and Hospital in Sector 32.

They were referred to Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), where they were stated to be "serious".

Police have ruled out foul play and termed the incident an accident. Police said that the victims in their statement too maintained that it was an accident.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

Camelot project: Sukhbir moves HC, challenges I-T notice

Sukhbir Badal has moved the Punjab and Haryana high court, challenging the income tax department’s notice to him for payment of Rs 1.2 crore capital gain on an amount that he is allegedly “yet to receive” from the Tata Housing company as he had given the land for the company’s upcoming Camelot housing project in Kansal, SAS Nagar.
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved