A week after 15 students of Class 12 were denied to take their first board exam due to irregularities in their admission process, UT’s education department issued a show-cause notice on Friday.
On grounds that a high school was offering dummy admissions to these students, who did not even have Class 11 documents or passing certificates, the education department has directed the school principal to submit a reply by March 24.
The principal has been asked to give details as to why the roll numbers were held back and on what grounds, the admissions were given without asking for transfer certificates of Class 11, even when CBSE discourages migration in Class 12.
Director school education (DSE) Rubinderjit Singh Brar said that depending on reply from the school, the affiliation will be withdrawn, following which, the education department will write to the ministry of human resource development (HRD).
On March 9, Class 12 students had appeared for first board exam (of English) and since none of the said students had their roll numbers in hand, they were not allowed to enter the school premises.
Senior officials at the education department said that the school is at fault, in this case, they had been given admissions just to earn money.
Deputy director school education Chanchal Singh said, “The school seems to have misguided the students by giving them admissions in Class 12, without asking for the Class 11 passing certificates. We got to know from the students that the school had asked for a fee and told them that the rest will be taken care of.”
He added that the Class 12 students, who did not get their roll numbers, had no document to prove that they cleared Class 11. “The question is, how did they take admission and how did the school give them admission so conveniently? A thorough inquiry will be done in this case to see who is at fault.”
Suman Deswal, principal of Gyandeep Model High School in Sector 20, however, claimed that everything was resolved and the students were given roll numbers.
Child Rights Panel has summoned the school principal on March 21.